Sunday, April 29, 2012

Winners and Losers

Having recently watched the Olympic Trials for my old sport, white water slalom I started thinking about the days when I raced and trained. I dug up my old training journal and found one of my favorite quotes:
The message seems to be that life is made of winners and losers. If you are not #1 or top five you have failed. 
There doesn't seen to be any reward for simply succeeding at the level of doing one's best. Success is how you collect your minutes. You spend millions of minutes to reach one triumph, one moment. Then you spend maybe a thousand minutes enjoying it. If you are unhappy through those millions of minutes, what good are the thousand minutes of triumphs?
I doesn't equate. Author Unknown
Enjoy the journey:)

To view Sarah's middle grade fiction book click here: Paperback and Kindle 

No comments: